Knowledge Translation project is established to build capacity and to support clinical and secondary research both nationally and regionally. The project will deliver 2 programs:
- Best Practice program (A Journal Club based Model): This aims at increasing the number and quality of health care providers capable of using the best research knowledge in making well informed clinical decisions. This is targeted mainly at frontline care givers.
- Clinician-scientist program (A postgraduate diploma based model): This aims at increasing the number and quality of future clinician-scientists. It will provide candidates with a solid foundation to be able to design, conduct, analyze and report good clinical research and synthesized evidence. This is targeted mainly at mid-senior Faculty.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the guidance and direct supervision of Professor A. Nabhan, the appointee shall be responsible for a range of actions contributing to the design, implementation, and monitoring of project activities. Duties include
- Producing materials (including reports and presentations) necessary for training and/or assessment
- Carrying out literature search for materials that will be used for training and/or assessment
- Ensuring that each training session is well prepared
- Attending the training sessions to draft minutes, take notes and provide assistance during presentations
- Handling social media
- Coordinating with the project team members
- University Degree (preferably in Medicine, Dentistry, or Pharmacy).
- Fluency in both oral and written English is a must.
- Experience in computer software (MS Word, Power point, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, reference management)
- Experience in a continuous professional development program or related work is a strong advantage.
- Commitment to the project’s mission and program.
- Punctuality and positive, constructive attitude.
|Type of assignment:||Part time|
|Expected Starting Date:||1-May-2015|
|Expected Project Duration:||6 months (with possibility of extension)|
|Compensation:||on a per Diem basis|
- Applications should be submitted as a PDF by Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The application should be in the form of one page resume.
- Application Closing date: 10-March-2015
- Please note that only applicants who are short-listed will be contacted for a face-to-face interview.