This workshop takes a step-by-step approach to the practical tasks of conducting and reporting a new Systematic Review to answer a question about the effects of an intervention. This course will focus on the practicalities rather than the theory.
Dates: 7- 8 December 2017 (9.00 AM to 4.00 PM).
Venue: Holiday Inn City Stars
Chair: Prof. Ashraf Nabhan
- Co-Chairman, HRP Alliance for research capacity strengthening , WHO
- Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ain Shams University
- Editor, Cochrane Pregnancy and Childbirth
Moderator: Dr. Marwah Anas El Wegoud
- Co-director of the Egyptian Center for Evidence Based Medicine
- Author and Referee, Cochrane Oral Health
The overall aims are to enable attendees to;
- Formulate a clear question for a systematic review
- Specify the eligibility criteria for a systematic review
- Develop a search strategy for a systematic review
- Prepare a quality appraisal and data extraction form for a systematic review
- Identify, describe and discuss sources of heterogeneity among the studies in a systematic review
- Develop a statistical analysis plan for a systematic review
- Conduct, report and update a systematic review
- Use this knowledge to assess the quality of systematic reviews done by others
- Distinguish “pseudo-journals” (fake journals) from legitimate journals.
Early bird registration: 800 LE.
For Registration: please fill this form AND contact our Administrative Assistant Mrs. Nour by phone or by a text message +201001733140