Systematic reviews and meta-analyses are critical for evidence-based clinical and public health practice. The widespread and growing application of systematic reviews to synthesize evidence on key research and clinical questions makes it useful for health professionals to be able to understand and critique this research design.
This workshop will provide a detailed description of the systematic review process and provide step-by-step guidance on how to perform a systematic review and a meta-analysis.
The Workshop material can be downloaded here: HERU Workshop – An Introduction to Meta-analysis
ILO: To be able to:
- Define the review question and develop criteria for including studies
- Select studies and collect data
- Assess risk of bias in included studies
- Analyze data and undertake meta-analyses
- Interpret results and draw conclusions
Date: March 16, 2012 – at 9:30 to 17:00
Venue: The main Hall of the General Medical Syndicate of Egypt (Dar El-Hekma – Down town Cairo)
Event link on Facebook. Click to Join the Event
Event link on The Cochrane Collaboration