This workshop takes a step-by-step approach to the practical tasks of conducting and reporting a new Systematic Review to answer a question about the effects of an intervention.
This course will focus on the practicalities rather than the theory.
Venue: Holiday Inn City stars, Cairo, Egypt. At Aswan Meeting Hall.
Dates: 18 – 19 May 2017 (9.00 AM to 5.00 PM).
Chair: Prof. Ashraf Nabhan
Co-Chairman, HRP Alliance, WHO
Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ain Shams University
Associate Editor, Cochrane Pregnancy and Childbirth
Coordinator: Dr. Marwah Anas El Wegoud
The overall aims are to enable attendees to;
- Formulate a clear question for a systematic review and understand their key motivations for doing the review
- Specify the eligibility criteria for a systematic review
- Develop a search strategy for a systematic review
- Prepare a quality appraisal and data extraction form for a systematic review
- Identify, describe and discuss sources of heterogeneity among the studies in a systematic review
- Develop a statistical analysis plan for a systematic review
- Conduct, report and update a systematic review
- Use this knowledge to assess the quality of systematic reviews done by others
- Distinguish “pseudo-journals” (fake journals) from legitimate journals.
The course will cover the following topics:
- Formulating the question for your systematic review
- Determining the eligibility criteria
- Study identification
- Data extraction
- Assessing trial quality
- Statistical analyses
- Subgroup analyses
- Reporting and updating of systematic reviews
- Identifying pseudo-journals
For Registration: contact our Administrative Assistant Mrs. Nour by phone or a text message 01001733140