This workshop takes a step-by-step approach to the practical tasks of conducting and reporting a new Systematic Review to answer a question about the effects of an intervention. This course will focus on the practicalities rather than the theory.
Venue: Amman, Jordan.
Dates: 22 – 23 May 2017 (9.00 AM to 5.00 PM).
Chair: Prof. Ashraf Nabhan
Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ain Shams University
Editor, Cochrane Pregnancy and Childbirth
The overall aims are to enable attendees to;
- Formulate a clear question for a systematic review and understand their key motivations for doing the review
- Specify the eligibility criteria for a systematic review
- Develop a search strategy for a systematic review
- Prepare a quality appraisal and data extraction form for a systematic review
- Identify, describe and discuss sources of heterogeneity among the studies in a systematic review
- Develop a statistical analysis plan for a systematic review
- Conduct, report and update a systematic review
- Use this knowledge to assess the quality of systematic reviews done by others
The course will cover the following topics:
- Formulating the question for your systematic review
- Determining the eligibility criteria
- Study identification
- Data extraction
- Assessing trial quality
- Statistical analyses
- Subgroup analyses
- Reporting and updating of systematic reviews