Title: Clinical Trials
Chair: Prof. Ashraf Nabhan
- Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ain Shams University
- Director of the Egyptian Center for Evidence Based Medicine
- Co-chair of the HRP Alliance for Strengthening Research Capacity, WHO
- Associate Editor of Cochrane Pregnancy and Childbirth
Co-Chair: Dr. Marwah Anas El Wegoud
- Deputy Director of the Egyptian Center for Evidence Based Medicine
- Author and Referee at Cochrane Oral Health Group
The main educational aim of these programs is to offer a challenging, flexible scheme of study invigorated by research, which advances clinicians’ ability to develop academic and practical insights into the use of clinical trials. Clinicians will be encouraged to develop a range of transferable and subject specific expertise using their initiative and thinking out problems themselves. Specifically, the programs aim to:
- develop knowledge and understanding of the key decisions surrounding the design, delivery and assessment of clinical trials;
- encourage independent critical and evaluative skills that can be used to apply independent scientific judgment;
- teach clinicians how to apply the conceptual and practical tools needed to initiate clinical trials.
The learning outcomes of the programs are as follows:
Knowledge, understanding, intellectual and cognitive Clinicians will be able to:
- understand clinical trial methodology including design, delivery and assessment;
- demonstrate basic skills in handling clinical trial data;
- develop detailed protocols for clinical trials;
- evaluate critically a completed trial;
- conduct further analysis of trials data and comment on results;
- produce a well-structured and well-written report.
Transferable skills Clinicians will be able to:
- use creativity, innovation, and problem-solving skills in a range of situations;
- have a capacity to handle ideas and scrutinize information in critical, evaluative and analytical ways.
We delivered the workshop for Ophthalmologists on two dates
Date: Friday August 11, 2017
Attendees: The Egyptian Vitreo-Retinal Society. FULLY subscribed
Venue: Marriott, Zamalek, Cairo, Egypt.
Date: Friday July 28, 2017
Attendees: The workshop has been Fully Subscribed.
Venue: Watany Eye Hospital, Cairo, Egypt.
Supporter: Novartis Research Academy in collaboration with The Egyptian Center for Evidence Based Medicine